Thursday, March 19, 2015

Crochet Catch Up: A Cozy Blue Shawl

This shawl, like most of my projects, was created for someone special to me.  A couple months ago my grandfather passed away, and I decided my step-grandmother needed something extra special for her birthday in February.

I've had the pattern for a couple years, but had been waiting for the right person to come along, and I think it suits perfectly.  The blue is definitely her color, and the pattern is simple with just enough decorative touches to make it beautiful.  The shawl is cozy, comforting, and warm, which is all you can ask of a shawl at such an awful time.




Yarn: Berrocco Folio; 65% Superfine Alpaca, 35% Rayon. Though this yarn weight is listed as DK, it feels like many of the Fingering yarns I've used and worked just fine for my fingering weight shawl.

Pattern: Remember Me by LilyGo.  This is another one by LilyGo, and like most of her other patterns, it worked up without any trouble.  I did add an extra 4 rows to the body to add a bit of length, but then didn't do the last two rows of the border as I ran out of yarn. (I'm really bad at estimating how much yarn will be needed for any given section of a project.)

Hook size:  3.75mm; the pattern recommended 3.5mm, but as my yarn was potentially thicker than the yarn called for I upgraded my hook size.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! That lace pattern is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous one, Elizabeth. You are producing so much drool-worthy crochet, it's just stunning. Do keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift. I 'm sure it was a comfort to your step-grandmother to receive something made with such love and care.

    ReplyDelete