Sunday, January 4, 2015

Looking Back and Looking Forward

It's that time of year where everyone is trying to figure out what they want to accomplish in the next year.  Like everyone else, I am plotting and planning for upcoming sewing projects and more travelling adventures, but I also want to reflect on what I've accomplished this year.

In 2014 I traveled to London, Brussels, the US (including to Louisiana for the first time), Trieste and Venice, Manchester (England), Belgium and France for a WWI battlefields tour, Groningen (Netherlands), and Paris for my very first fashion history conference.  Oh, and back to the US for Christmas.

In 2014 I began my two year term as a board member for the American Women's Club in Amsterdam, started as an assistant archivist at the Expatriate Archive Centre in the Hague, continued volunteering with the costume collection at the Amsterdam Museum, and lost my job with PhotographyBlogger when the website sold. And I turned 31.

And in 2014 I made 24 projects for the Historical Sew Fortnightly.  I increased my 30's wardrobe by two pairs of pants, a pair of shorts, and three blouses.  And a vest!
 

I also made really adorable 40's overalls which I need to wear more often.

I completed most of an 1880's ensemble,

and made my first medieval underdress, overdress, and shoes.

I made my first 1830's dress, and fell in love with the era.

And I made more Regency pieces: shoes, beret, and reticule.

Oh, and I made Dan and I hobbit costumes.

I had a lot of highs this year (I now want to go to all the fashion history conferences), and a few really powerful lows.  But I'm ending the year really satisfied with my life.

So on to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment