Sunday, November 2, 2014

HSF '14: Another Pair of 1930's Trousers

This fortnight's challenge was Alternate Universe, perfect for those looking to make a costume for Halloween.  I was originally hoping to finish my 1880's corset, not for any Halloween event, but just for the alternate universe where I live in the 1880's.  But I've only managed to get the lining and half of the interlining sewn so far, so that wasn't going to happen.

Instead, I decided to whip up another pair of 1930's trousers from a length of green wool I found at a fabric market awhile back.  I'm decidedly a pants person, and I can only hope that in an alternate universe where I live in the 1930's, I'd choose to wear awesome wide-legged trousers all the time.

These went really quick because I used the same pattern as I did for my first pair, though I left off the cuffs. I think these will be worn a lot this Christmas season, as they're the perfect color and will keep my legs nice and warm.





The Challenge: Alternate Universe

Fabric: Green wool, I think 100%

Pattern: Wearing History's smooth sailing trousers.

Year: mid to late 1930's

Notions: a rather old looking metal zipper

How historically accurate is it? Just fine.

Hours to complete: 6.

First worn: Today, and hopefully a lot this Christmas season.

Total cost: $24 for the fabric and maybe $2 for the zipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment