I made these for an old high school friend as a New Year's challenge to myself to make 5 things for people who commented on a Facebook post announcing I was doing said project.
These were probably the most difficult things I've ever made. They were my first attempt at fingerless gloves, so suddenly I'm working in the round for the first time in a long time. Also, I discovered different pattern makers write in-the-round patterns differently, depending how they do in the round. Related to that, I learned that there are different ways to crochet in the round, depending on how you want your seam to look.
Also, the pattern was either not written in my language, or not written well. One, one of the seams ran up the outside of the hand, and the other hand had the seam running up the inside. That didn't seem right. Two, the stitches on the back of the hand seemed to get increasingly off each round--though that may have been my stitching method. So I eventually drew out my own pattern. But they eventually got done, and I found it really hard to send these off after all the work. I may have to make myself a pair, now that I've worked all the kinks out.
Yarn: Katia Merino Baby, 100% merino, sport / 5-ply
Pattern: Holly Berry Gloves, found here. Though I left off the bottom strap thing.