Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wedding Clothes - Dress

Pattern: La Mode Bagatelle, but with significant alterations to the sleeves, and bodice detailing from Nancy Bradfield's Costume in Detail page 91-92.
Fabric: Swiss cotton from some shop in the fabric district in New York, bought a couple years ago.  I LOVE that when I chose to make my wedding dress I just used fabric from my stash.


I started with a bodice mock-up over my stays and chemise.

I then cut out and sewed my bodice.

Discovered the sleeve pattern was not
a good one...so made mock-up sleeves.

The sleeve pattern was entirely too large.

I took out about two inches from the centre of
the sleeve, and took out a lot of excess from the
sleeve cap.

Once the sleeves were figured out, the rest came
together without any issues.  This is my test of
the pleated trim at the base of the dress.

I ultimately decided it poofed out the bottom too
much, and chose to save it for a later project.

On the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment