Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Sneak Peak - Dan's Vest
In a couple weeks, those will become a vest!
I'm using the Kannik's Korner pattern for single-breasted waistcoats, and am so far finding it a bit unrealistic. Kannik's Korner patterns are all incredibly historically accurate to the point of some things seeming absurd to my more modern sensibilities. They're the only pattern company I have ever used that assume you're going to hand sew your garment,* and some important steps should be done quite differently if you're going to be machine sewing. So today I spent most of my time figuring out how I needed to alter some of the pattern pieces, and which of the directions I should and shouldn't follow.
Now that the garment construction should be a lot easier, I expect this to come together quite quickly--at least once I complete the welt pockets, but that'll probably be another post.
*Hand-sewing an entire garment is an awesome task, and you feel really accomplished after you're done, but that's just not in the cards for this.
Oh, and you can post comments again! Blogger didn't fix the problem, but I found a way around it--so sorry in advance for the pop-up window.