Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lists, and Dan's Vest

I've started making lots of lists.  I've been feeling overwhelmed lately with how much needs to get done before the wedding (now less than two months away) and before I leave for home (5 weeks away today).  I can't seem to actually accomplish anything on the lists, but I can create them...I'm not thinking about how that bodes for the long term.

So last week I finally created a sewing list of all the things needing to be finished (and started) preferably within the next 5 weeks.  For Dan and I, there are 11 items that I am creating, and I was rather alarmed that only 1 of them is actually completed.  Granted, all but his frock coat and my bonnet are started, and a couple of my items only need hooks and eyes added, but that leaves 7 items that still need from a few hours to a few days worth of work done.  This is me not panicking.

In slightly better news, Dan's vest is "completed".  It still needs buttonholes and buttons, but the thread I'll be using to stitch the buttonholes (fancy-schmancy Japanese silk twist) I've only found in the US, so those will have to wait.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out, though it took a bit longer than I wanted due to my re-doing the entire thing once I was about 3/4 through.  (Due to a miscalculation on my part and an assumption on the pattern's part, the pockets became side pockets instead of front pockets.  Thankfully I had enough fabric left over, but now the remote possibility of matching ties for his standing up people is nixed.)  I meant to take a photo of a very dashing and dapper Dan in his ensemble, but he was back out of it before I remembered, so you'll just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment