Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fabric Dyeing

Today I dyed fabric for the first time.  The color came out evenly, so that was a success, but the two pieces of cotton fabric that I dyed turned out really different.

The two pieces on the left were dyed today.  The rit dye color I used was basic red, one of them turned out really pinkish, and the other one is really bright orangy.  The fabric on the right is a piece of fabric I've had since Calvin, and I've been casually looking for fabric to go with it ever since.  Finally I decided to dye my own, as I'm pretty sure that's how the piece on the right came to be.

These will stay in my stash for now, but eventually they'll make for some interesting PJ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment