Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pleating

I spent much of my day (more time than I'd like to admit) pleating a ribbon that's going to go just above the hem of my dress.  The ribbon is sheer vintage silk, woven with extremely light green threads that really only read as green in the edges, which are picot.  It's from Britex, and it's one of the ribbons I bought because I could finally justify the cost--I hear a wedding's worth it.  I'm pretty sure my embellishments will be costing more than the fabric did, but that's part of the fun.

The original plan was to have a narrow pink ribbon run down the center of the green (mostly to hide any stitches).



Amazingly, I was on board with the pink idea, but now I'm not sure.  I'm afraid it'll cut me off at the ankles.  So now I'm wondering if I should use my dress fabric to make a narrow strip of green to do the same.  But maybe that blends too much.



Thoughts?  Click on the photos for larger images.

No comments:

Post a Comment