Thursday, March 17, 2011

A temporary pet

I came home a few nights ago, saw a LOT of bird poo on my flower tent, looked up into our tree, and saw an owl!  She was soooo cute!  I had been talking to myself as I approached my door (but let's not dwell on that...), and I'm pretty sure I woke her up.  She was looking at me all squinty eyed and we just stared at each other for a really long time.  I eventually went in, and within an hour she was gone.  Dan and I figured that was it, but instead she came back the next two nights.  She was there when I got home each night, watching me over her shoulder as I came up the walk, swiveling her head around to follow me until I went inside.

Dan and I came up with a couple names.  We first called her Professor Squint, but debated (much later at night) about Major Hooter.  Before we could decide, she disappeared, and we haven't seen her since.  She was only around for three days, but we kindof miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment