Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flower Tent

It's ridiculously hot here.  Seriously, it's crazy hot.  Not only is (was) February the hottest month, but this particular February was the hottest on record in the past two decades.  And we've apparently broken the record for consecutive days over 30 degrees Celsius.  It's been between 95 and 100 Fahrenheit here for at least a week. 

Accordingly, my plants aren't happy.  My marigolds have been holding on like real troopers for the past two weeks, and I've been really pleased that they continue to have a positive attitude about this heat.  Or at least they did, until today.  They only get about 2 hours of sun each day, and today they went from perky to completely dead looking in that small span of time.

So I built them a tent.  I'm hoping it will provide shade and not a greenhouse effect that makes everything under it 20 degrees hotter than it is already.  I guess we'll see tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. So how did it work? I have the same problem here- although mine get about 12 hours of direct sun.

    ReplyDelete