Monday, January 17, 2011

Update - Garden

Well, pickles.  I didn't even make it two weeks before failing at my New Year's Resolution.  So this week, there will be more than one post...I hope.

While we were in the states, bits of my garden actually thrived, but most things just hung on tenuously to life, and a few succumbed to the heat entirely.

I wasn't surprised by the plants that died, they were all on their way out when I left, but now there are some large gaps in my beds.  I was surprised however at the Impatiens in the potting soil - they grew! and are now starting to grow over the sides of the planter.  And they have flowers!  The vines also grew some new, well, vines, a couple of which, in one month, grew taller than me.  I also have some new weeds, but those will be dispatched soon.

Apart from the Impatiens, I think I was most surprised by how several plants look exactly the same as before I left.  One month, no change.  It seems odd to me.  But I'm going to start the MiracleGro treatments again, so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

Next up...all those sewing projects from before Christmas that I never told you about, photos of our apartment (finally), and the New Job!

I'll leave you now with a photo of my (good) Impatiens.

No comments:

Post a Comment